Bacon Cheddar Buffalo Wings. They are pretty much my new favorite game-day recipe. Why? Because who doesn’t love wings + cheese + bacon. It’s a pretty perfect combination if you ask me. Throw on a side of homemade ranch dressing and a few crispy stalks of celery and call it a day.
I’ll be sharing my favorite Super Bowl recipes with you all week – and I’m totally excited to kick things off with these Bacon Cheddar Buffalo Wings.
It’s kind of like a bacon cheeseburger but in wing form. I whipped these up last weekend for my fiance and a friend and had convinced myself that I only needed to eat like one or two. Ya, that didn’t work out so well. They were gone in a matter of minutes between the three of us.
- 4-6 strips of bacon
- 2 pounds chicken wings, split at the joint, wingtips removed and discarded
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and trimmed
- ranch dressing for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the strips of bacon on a metal rack on top of a baking sheet and pop them into the oven for about 15 minutes until crispy. Remove the bacon and the metal rack from the baking sheet and set aside.
- Toss the chicken wings with the paprika, salt and pepper. Toss them onto the bacon sheet and mix with the bacon drippings. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken wings are fully cooked and the skin is crispy.
- Break the bacon into pieces. Toss together the cheese and the bacon and set aside.
- Once the wings are fully cooked, remove the baking sheet from the oven and top with the bacon cheddar mixture. Place the baking sheet back into the oven and let the cheese melt for about 3 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with ranch and celery sticks.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!