Its been a while since I made anything sweet. And by a while, I mean about 10 days. Which could be considered a lifetime to some! So this past weekend I decided to whip up some of these decadent blondie brownies filled with 2 of my favorite things; butterscotch and chocolate. omg. yum.
I had never made blondie brownies before… its kinda pathetic… and I had never really been a fan of them as a kid. I think I was boycotting them because they weren’t like real brownies and then left them for my sister and parents to eat. But… if we made them now when the whole fam was home, I am fairly confident that they would disappear way faster than when I was a child. These are so enjoyable and they are the perfect balance of sweetness with a hit of butterscotch.
I love butterscotch. Seriously. Its love. I would add them to everything but as it turns out… not everyone I bake for is as obsessed with them as me. BUT… if you are, here are some other fabulous recipes with butterscotch:
Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies
Chocolate Chip and Butterscotch Cheesecake
Chocolate Chip Cookies with Butterscotch Chips
Also… you guys rock for helping out raise money of Haiti! I am not closing the comments or donations until Friday, so if you haven’t already left a little love or well wishes check it out here and lets raise some more money for Doctors without Borders!
Let’s get back to the Blondies…
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/8 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter and transfer into a mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar and whisk to combine. Add the vanilla and egg and continue to whisk until totally incorporated.
- In another bowl mix together the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until fully combined. The batter will be a bit stiff but not to worry! Add the butterscotch and chocolate chips and combine.
- Grease a small baking dish, I used an 8x8 metal pan, and line with parchment paper. Evenly distribute the batter and tap the dish on the counter making sure all the air bubbles are out. Bake for 20-22 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until you stick a knife in and it comes out clean. I prefer to under bake these by about 2 minutes because, well, lets be honest, I like the gooey inside!
Tags: Best Blondie Brownies Ever, Blondie Brownies, Brownies, Butterscotch, Chocolate Chips, Dessert