I’m obsessed with these burgers. I mean why wouldn’t I be? They are decked out with sour cream, GUACAMOLE and salsa. Shouldn’t all burgers be dressed like this? I think so.
Toppings make the burger. Don’t you think?
Sometimes it’s easy to get stuck in a burger and topping rut. Lots of times I just top my burger with some cheese and ketchup. That’s what I’ve done for so many years – but it’s quite amazing what a few new toppings could do for your burger. So last week I stepped up my burger game with a juicy chicken burger patty that I stuffed with shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro and jalapeños. It was bonkers. And then I decided to get even fancier with a spoonful of guacamole and a dollop of sour cream. Nothing crazy – but it was so much better than a plain ‘ol burger.
You could easily make these with ground turkey if you’re more into a turkey burger kinda thang. Either way the flavors from the jalapeno, cheddar, cilantro and guacamole makes these burgers total winners.
Also. Side note. How did it get to be March? I feel like this happens all the time and weeks and months just race by. Before you know it, it’s going to be summer and it will be time for some serious pool parties! I’m ready. Bring it on. Sunshine. Bottles of rosé. Friends. Guacamole. Burgers. Grilling. Hello happiness.
So while I’m off in la la land, dreaming about pool parties. Let’s make some burgers shall we?
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- sour cream
- red onions
- chipotle salsa
- Prepare an indoor or outdoor grill over medium heat.
- Transfer the ground chicken to a medium bowl.
- Add in the onion, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, paprika, cheddar cheese, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Using your hands, incorporate everything together. Make sure everything is evenly incorporated without over mixing the ground chicken.
- Form the mixture into four 1/2"-thick patties. Grill burgers over medium heat until cooked through, 5-7 minutes per side.
- Serve each patty in a burger bun topped with guacamole and sour cream and salsa if desired.