Chocolate Butterscotch Salted Caramel Blondies.
Say that 10 times fast and see what happens.
Today we are making Chocolate Butterscotch Salted Caramels Blondies. They are gonna blow.your.mind. You know when you go shopping and you find something that you’re fairly certain is going to change your life? And then you get home and open whatever it is up, and pop a few of them in your mouth, and realize that HOLY MOLY your life seriously just changed right in front of your eyes. Okay, so maybe not so much your life, definitely your waist size and most certainly your love affair for said product. Yes? No? Tell me I’m not alone in this.
Recently I was at Trader Joe’s, somewhere I visit way too frequently and saw these Chocolate Covered Sea Salt Butterscotch Caramels sitting by the checkout stand. I had a sweet tooth at the moment (when do I not?) and figured I’d grab a bag and snack on them over the next week. WRONG. I got home, ate them all in one day, and went BACK to TJ’s and bought 7 more bags. Clearly it was the beginning of an obsession. And it’s just escalated from there.
I ate the first few bags just plain, because that’s what I do. Pop a few in my mouth between commercial breaks while watching Bravo TV at night. Just doing my thang, don’t judge 🙂
I then decided that it was probably a good idea to bake with these little suckers and fold them into some blondie brownies to make Chocolate Butterscotch Salted Caramels Blondies. Well, let’s just say this. It’s been one of my best ideas yet. Hands down, I like these more than my slutty brownies. And that’s saying something.
Not to fear though. If you don’t have a Trader Joe’s in your town, you can buy these little morsels of heaven online. I’d recommend buying them in bulk. I pinkie promise you’re going to love them. Plain or in these Chocolate Butterscotch Salted Caramel Blondies.
It’s a win win situation.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Covered Sea Salt Butterscotch Caramels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large stand mixer, combine the melted butter and brown sugar and mix with a whisk attachment for 1 minute until combine. Add the vanilla and eggs, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients into the stand mixer, flour, baking powder and baking soda and slowly mix until just combined. The batter will be a bit stiff, but that's normal. Fold in the Chocolate Sea Salt Butterscotch Caramels.
- Spray a 9x9 baking pan and line it with parchment paper. Spoon the batter into the prepared baking sheet and transfer it into the oven. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Once the blondie brownies have baked, remove them from the oven and let cool for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving.
Once cooked, I like to let my blondie brownies cool to room temperature and then transfer the entire baking pan into the refrigerator to cool before slicing. That way the slices are neat and close to perfect!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!