Grilled Chicken with Avocado Tomato Salad checks off all the boxes when it comes to a dinner party meal! It’s pretty, instagram friendly, delicious and most important EASY!
Is it sad that I pick recipes for dinner parties based on that criteria? I’ve just come to terms with the fact that that’s the world we live in and it’s really nice when everything is pretty. This grilled chicken number is beyond. The chicken is moist (my least favorite word ever but let’s use it anyways) as it’s marinated for about an hour before going on the grill. The avocado tomato and corn salad mixed with my cilantro vinaigrette is a dream come true. You could just eat the salad if that’s more your style, but trust me when I say that everything combined together is the all time most perfect summer bite. Take a stab at this one this weekend, you won’t be disappointed!
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts with skin
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 3-4 heirlooms tomatoes, cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 corn on the cob
- 1 recipe Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Combine the ingredients for the chicken marinade in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the chicken and marinate for 30-45 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a grill to high heat. Lift chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and grill chicken, turning often, until no longer pink in center, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and top with the avocados, cherry tomatoes and raw corn cut off the cob. Serve with the cilantro vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!