My love for salads runs deep. So does my love for all things Mexican food. So it probably comes as no surprise that this Mexican Cobb Salad is near and dear to my heart!
Loaded with shredded romaine lettuce, freshly grated cheese, black beans, corn, guacamole, pico and spicy shrimp – it’s one of those complete meal salads that you’ll absolutely adore! Plus it’s healthy!! Well, for the most part, unless you sometimes pull a “gaby” and eat it with tortilla chips. Then the health factor kinda flies out the wind. #sorrynotsorry I’m just being honest 🙂
You can serve it up with cilantro vinaigrette if you want too! I find that between the pico and the guac, I don’t need an extra dressing… but I’m just covering your basis cause I love ya!
- 2-3 heads Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- ½ cup freshly grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup Black Beans
- 1 cup Corn
- 1 recipe Guacamole
- 1 recipe Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- olive oil for drizzling
- Combine the shrimp with the lemon juice, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Heat a large skillet over high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add shrimp and sauté until pink and fully cooked. Remove and set aside.
- On a large platter combine the romaine, cheese, black beans, corn, guacamole, pico and shrimp. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!