Ok fine. I’m officially ready to make the transition to fall. And I thought, what better way to do it than with my all time favorite Parmesan Roasted Potatoes! These are like candy. 100% addictive. Once you stop, you just can’t stop. If you knew the amount of potatoes we consumed in a week, you’d be shocked. I’d venture to say we go through at least a 5 lb bag of potatoes once a week. And there are just 2 of us… and 1 of us eats more than his fair share. Just sayin.
I always, without fail, make these with Yukon Gold potatoes because here’s the truth… I’m too lazy to peel the skins off potatoes. And Yukon Gold’s have such a pretty skin you don’t have to peel them off. Plus the skin has some key vitamins and who doesn’t want a few extra perks.
This is more a technique rather than a recipe, since you can scale these potatoes up if you’re cooking for a crowd. You could also throw in some extra herbs if your feeling the need to incorporate some thyme or rosemary or whatever you have on hand. But these potatoes that I’m about to show you, are total rock stars and always disappear at dinner parties.
You’re going to start with some naked potatoes….
Add on all the seasonings…
Using your fingers, go ahead and toss everything together….
Put them in the oven for about 15 minutes. Take them out and give them a quick toss with some tongs. Then stick them back in to the oven and let them work their magic… I end up tossing them about 2 more times before they are fully crispy and done…. about 35-40 minutes total.
Once they are nice and golden and crispy, throw them onto a serving platter….
And then EAT!!
And just a public service announcement – make a double batch and then serve them with breakfast the next morning too.
- 4 cups cubed Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the cubed potatoes into a baking dish. (The cubes of potatoes should be about 3/4 of an inch on all sides) You can spray the baking dish with a baking spray too to eliminate anything possibly sticking
- Pile on the olive oil, garlic salt, salt, paprika, pepper and Parmesan cheese. Using your fingers, or a spoon if you feel inclined, get in to the potatoes and carefully mix everything around until the seasonings coat each potato.
- Transfer the baking dish into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and toss the potatoes with a pair of tongs. Put the baking dish back into the oven and bake for 10 minutes more. Remove the baking sheet and give them another toss and place them back in the oven and roast until they are golden and crispy.
- Season with an little dusting of sea salt and extra parmesan cheese and serve.
And be sure to check out some more fab potato recipes:
Blue Apron Blog: Red, Orange, Purple and White: Your Guide to the Potato Rainbow
The Heritage Cook: Fully Loaded Green Chile Potato Skins
Devour: 5 Ways to Prepare Sweet Potatoes
Feed Me Phoebe: Basque Tuna Stew with Peppers and Potatoes
Weelicious: Broccoli Cheese Patties
Domesticate Me: Potato Rosti with Pancetta and Mozzarella
The Sensitive Epicure: Salt Encrusted New Potatoes with Mustard-Mayo Dip
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Sweet Potato and Russet Pancakes with Chipotle Mayo
Red or Green: Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
And Love It Too: Sweet Potato Souffle
Taste With The Eyes: Ensalada de Papas a la Huancaina (Peruvian-Style Salad with Potato Cake, Egg and Yellow Chile)
FN Dish: Ease Out of Summer with Potatoes
Dishin & Dishes: Southern Green Beans and New Potatoes