Did you think we’d make it through game day season without some nachos!?? HECK NO! Here we go – Fully Loaded Black Beans Nachos!
Nachos are usually loaded with pulled pork, shredded chicken, carne asada or carnitas…and I’m not mad at any of those. In fact, I’ve made each of those varieties in the past. But this year I wanted to do something a little different. These Fully Loaded Black Beans Nachos are a vegetarians dream. It’s all about these homemade re-fried black beans that get tossed with some chips and doused with cheese and salsa plus a few other odds and ends. (side note – you could easily use any other variety of beans to make the re-fried bean mixture ie: Pinto Beans!)
Then all that’s left to do is serve these up with a side of guacamole obviously and then if you’re anything like me, sit with the sheet pan in a corner and eat them all by yourself while everyone else is watching the game!
Fully Loaded Black Beans Nachos
For the Black Beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped
- 1 15- oz. can black beans rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
For the Remaining ingredients
- 1 bag Tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jalapeño thinly sliced
- Thinly sliced radishes for serving
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- ½ cup charred corn
- Scallions thinly sliced
For the Black Beans
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, and jalapeño and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer onion mixture to a food processor and add black beans, lime juice, and ¼ cup water. Season with salt and pepper and process until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange half of chips on a baking sheet. Top with half of beans, then half of each cheese.
- Repeat layering with remaining chips, beans, and cheese and corn.
- Bake until cheese is melted and gooey, about 5 minutes.
- Serve nachos topped with pico de gallo, sliced jalapeño, scallions, cilantro and radishes.