Back with another incredible recipe that you, your toddler, your older children and anyone else in your life would LOVE! Herby Salmon Cakes are going to start making a weekly appearance - TRUST ME!
If you tune into Instagram stories on a frequent basis, you know my daughter has a LOVE for food. The girl is down to try just about anything. She's been on the salmon train since she started solids back around 7-8 months and we're going strong. These Salmon Cakes are a fantastic lunch, dinner or quick snack if you're looking for extra protein.
I'm all about exposing babies / toddlers to lots of flavor up front - so don't shy away from the herbs. Just chop them up small so they don't feel funny in a toddlers mouth if that's a concern.
I serve these alongside a big heaping spoonful of guacamole or pesto so Poppy can learn how to dip her food in a condiment. Go ahead and make a double batch because I can guarantee that you'll be wanting to eat these too!
Herby Salmon Cakes
- 2 pounds salmon skinned and de-boned
- 1 cup green onion thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons Gaby's Go To Seasoning
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 avocados
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Using a large sharp knife, finely dice the salmon. Place in a large bowl. Add the green onions, cilantro, parsley, eggs, olive oil, seasoning, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Gently mix in the panko bread crumbs to the salmon, and form into small-ish patties.
- Preheat an indoor grill pan to medium heat. Transfer patties to the grill pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with smashed avocado on the side.
To make the smashed avocado
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mash until desired consistency. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and serve.