Diana, master mind behind this incredible dish says, “I love this recipe because it’s so versatile. You can use the leftovers to make fried rice or add some stock to make kimchi stew aka kimchi jiigae.”
It’s also a part of my Korean BBQ Dinner Party – which you should totally make this season. It’s incredible!
Stir Fried Pork Belly and Kimchee
- 5 strips pork belly
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 2 cups kimchee chopped
- 3 green onions sliced on a bias
- toasted sesame seeds to garnish
Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 2 tablespoons korean red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- To make the sauce combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat add the pork in a single layer and cook, turning once, until slightly crisp, about six minutes. Cut the pork into 1 inch pieces with scissors and drain some of the fat from the skillet with a paper towel.
- Add the onion and cook for a minute and add the kimchee and give it a stir, 3 minutes. Add the sauce and toss until everything is cooked, about 5-6 minutes stir in the green onions. Transfer to a plate and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.