I’m declaring this the week of no cooking. No cooking inside. I can’t. It’s like a bajillion degrees and I can’t bring myself to turn on the stove or oven. So I’ll be grilling and eating copious amounts of this Summer Stone Fruit Salad until I literally turn into a peach.
There are 2 types of fruit that I go crazy for. 1: cherries. I eat them by the pound on a daily basis for their short but sweet season. And 2: stone fruit. I’m legit that crazy girl you see running around at the farmers market buying ALL THE STONE FRUIT and then getting home and trying to figure out how to eat it all before it goes bad. I can’t be stopped.
But this Summer Stone Fruit Salad is the perfect way to go about eating all those gorgeous peaches or nectarines! Load them up with heirloom tomatoes, some salty crumbled feta, fresh herbs and a lemon shallot vinaigrette that you’ll want to drink by itself. It serves a crowd and is perfect on the side of some grilled steaks, chicken, salmon, burgers or skewers!
Summer Stone Fruit Salad
- 4 large heirloom tomatoes cored and cut into wedges
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 2 ripe but firm yellow peaches cut into wedges
- 2 ripe but firm white nectarines cut into wedges
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Feta crumbled
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh mint leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette below
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Arrange the tomatoes, stone fruit and red onions on a large platter or bowl. Top with basil, mint, feta and salt and pepper. Toss with Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette
- For the Lemon Champagne Vinaigrette - combine all ingredients together in a bowl and whisk. Season with salt and pepper as needed.