Is there really anything better than waking up to a giant tray of breakfast potatoes? Specifically breakfast potatoes that are doused with some herbs, dipped in ketchup, and served alongside a soft scrambled egg or two?
Perfecting the art of the breakfast potato is serious work. The Andaz on 5th Ave in NYC does it like no one else – and because I can’t fly back and forth to NYC every time I need some breakfast tots, I recreated them at home. Perfect crisp on the outside, tender in the middle, seasoned to perfection and sprinkled with herbs before eating. It’s not the sexiest breakfast but it’s pretty incredible!
Make ’em to feed a crowd and they’ll disappear in seconds!
- 1 ½ pounds red potatoes, scrubbed clean and dried (the ones that are kinda a little circle shape, and could easily be cut into 4 pieces)
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Scatter the quartered potatoes on a half sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the seasonings on top and toss to combine.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown around the edges and fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and serve as needed
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!