Do you guys watch the Bachelor? Or the Bachelorette? I mean this is taking my reality TV addiction to a whole new level but I figured I’d come clean. I’m an on and off again Bachelor kinda gal. I only watch it so I can read and actually understand what my friend Zack is talking about on his blog. Do you read it? Lost Angeles? Zack is an awesome writer, and an even better friend. He’s also married to one of my best friends in the whole wide world so even if I didn’t love him, I’d still be stuck with him forever I started a few seasons back, Ben’s season, I mean he went to our high school, his sister is a friend of mine, and I figured it was as good a time as any to start.
Anyways, every Tuesday Zack writes this recap on the Bachelor. Unless he’s traveling, then it’s on Wednesday (rude). It’s something I look forward to at the end of each show because well, it’s hysterical. You should read it. And watch the Bachelor so it makes sense. I feel like one day Zack is going to be on the After the Final Rose special show or something to ask the contestants questions and make things really awkward. It would be brilliant. He’s also a total fab football sports writer, but if you know me, unless Tim Riggins is involved, I don’t understand football.
So we decided to celebrate our mutual love for the worlds worst TV show as Zack like to call it, aka, the Bachelor and create a little dinner and drink party. Zack made cocktails and I made dinner. It’s what I do best. I decided to go all out. Cheesy Chicken Sausage Pasta Bake. I’m fairly certain not one girl on the show this season would actually eat this because I’ve decided that none of them eat. Ever. But whatever, we do, so we can indulge.
It’s heavy on the carbs. Loaded with sausage and cream. And topped with a decadent amount of cheese. It’s indulgent to say the least. And it’s so perfect for the Bachelor. Zack also refers to it as, carb-heavy, slut and glut comfort food recipe, which is kind of perfect if you ask me.
It’s basically super easy to make, feeds a boat load of people, and doubles as kick ass leftovers if you have any left after your Bachelor viewing party. So you should totally make this next Monday! And then tweet or instagram us pics with the hashtag #GZbachmeal
It’s going to be a party
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 lb sweet italian chicken sausage
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into bite sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta, and set it aside.
- Remove the casings from sausage. In a large skillet, combine the sausage, onion, and garlic over medium heat until browned, for about 10 minutes until the meat is golden brown. Add the crushed tomatoes and heavy cream and simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Combine cooked pasta and sausage mixture, and the shredded mozzarella and stir to combine. Place the pasta mixture in a large casserole dish. Top with the fresh mozzarella and bake for 30 minutes until bubbly. Serve immediately.