Jalapeño Bacon Loaded Potatoes are here just in time to get me through fantasy football season!
It happened. Football season started and I’m once again left in the cold. It’s not that I don’t like football, I just know absolutely NOTHING about it. I went to a college where we didn’t have a football team (it got cut the year before I got there, because they were so bad) so I never really learned the ins and outs of the game. And high school football doesn’t count because while I went to every single game, I was so much more concerned with seeing my girlfriends that paying attention to whatever was happening on the field. Plus I grew up in a house with 3 girls and 1 guy, so we always over-ruled my dad when it came to watching TV! So whenever it’s on I’m 100% clueless. But, while I can’t get behind spending all day Sunday watching the games or spending hours pouring over a fantasy football team (my husband wakes up early to trade players before his friends wake up so he gets the best trades) …. I can 1000% get behind football food. Hence these Jalapeño Bacon Loaded Potatoes!
It’s everything you’d want in a loaded potato but in mini form so you can serve them as a side dish, as an appetizer or as a main as far as I’m concerned. There are no rules when it comes to game day grub! The base is my perfectly roasted potatoes (which are on repeat at my house all the time), and then they are loaded up with cheese, jalapeños, bacon and chives. It’s half nacho / half loaded potato and you cannot go wrong!
- 1 1/2 pounds small red or white-skinned potatoes
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cups shredded fontina cheese
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Finely chopped chives to garnish
- Crumbled bacon
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced jalapeños
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, and seasoning; toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- Dump the potatoes on a baking sheet and spread out into 1 layer; roast in the oven for at least 1 hour, or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking to ensure even browning.
- Add the cheese in the last 5 minutes and allow to melt. Remove the potatoes from the oven, season to taste, top with chives, bacon, tomatoes and jalapeños and serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!