Have I ever told you guys that I travel with an emergency chocolate bar in my bag at all times? It’s for “emergency” purposes only. I also always have a bag of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies stocked in the freezer 24/7 in case of an at home “emergency.”
The Dalkin fam has been making this Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe on repeat for years. Between my parents, me and my sister, it’s a sure bet that there are dozens of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies happening on a weekly basis. #sorrynotsorry
These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies pass all my cookie standards too – soft and chewy on the inside, just slightly crispy on the outside, and dusted with maldon sea salt on top! Can’t go wrong with that perfect combo.
- 8 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 10 oz chocolate chips
- maldon sea salt flakes for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixer, combine the softened butter and brown sugar with a whisk attachment. Let whisk for 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract. Add the flour, baking soda, sea salt and baking powder and slowly combine, making sure not to over-mix the batter. Add the oats and chocolate chips and combine. Refrigerate batter for 1 hour.
- Using a 1 inch scoop, scoop 12 cookies onto each parchment lined baking sheet and dust with a few maldon sea salt flakes. Transfer sheets into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies just slightly turn a golden brown color on the edges but are still soft and chewy in the middle. Remove from oven, transfer to cooling rack. Repeat process for remaining dough.
- Cool the cookies completely before packing up and storing in an air-tight container.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!