You know those nights when you’re like, WTF should I make? I have them more than i care to admit and 99% of the time my answer comes in the form of fajitas. Poblano Chicken Fajitas are my jam.
Loaded with various bell peppers, onions and my most favorite part…. poblano peppers! You can serve this up on top of a salad, wrapped up in a tortilla, folded into a taco, tossed with some quinoa or rice or just eat it on it’s own and add a giant dollop of guacamole on top. Fajitas are a way of life and I thought you should all have a fool-proof recipe that will literally solve all your “WTF is for dinner” problems!! Bonus – doubles as the best lunch to take to work the following day.
You’re welcome 🙂
- 1 poblano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow onion , thinly sliced
- ½ red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 ½ lb chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips, about the size of your finger. Combine the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, cumin, chili powder and red pepper flakes in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the chicken and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken mixture, marinade included, and sauté until fully cooked. Using a pair of tongs, remove the chicken from the skillet and add the vegetables. Sauté until tender and charred. Add the chicken back into the cast iron skillet and toss to combine.
- Serve alongside flour tortillas and top with desired toppings such as avocado, sour cream, guacamole and fresh lime juice.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!