Did you know that it was Burger Month? Well, if you didn’t, now you do! So in honor of national burger month – I’m celebrating with a big fat juicy spicy guacamole burger. I mean really, did we expect anything less?
Now there are some guidelines that I always abide by when making my burgers.
1. Use ground beef that’s about 15% fat – aka 85% lean ground chuck. I mean it may sound like a lot, but it’s going to make it extra juice and won’t dry out!
2. Add some flavor to the meat. Sure it already got a little fat which gives it flavor, but spice up your meat a bit with some seasonings. I love using garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, paprika… you can do whatever you want!
3. Don’t flip them 100 times while grilling. Let the burger cook for a few minutes on each side until its about medium done, or however you prefer, and then remove. No need to flip every few minutes. Just let it hang out and do it’s thang!
4. Obviously there has to be guacamole. I mean what better way to compliment the spicy meat than by a buttery guacamole topping??
5. And of course there must be cheese. Lots and lots of cheese.
What are your favorite burger toppings?!? I’d love to hear about them! We grill all the time in the summer months – so I’m ready for your craziest burger suggestions! Bring it
|Spicy Guacamole Burger|