There’s a Spiked Pink Lemonade coming your way in T-1 minute and I’ve got my weekend party pants on!
But before we get to the recipe, I have SO many things to share! I recently just got back from the most epic whirlwind trip to NYC with the Skinnygirl® Cocktails team. Ummm yes, that includes cocktails with Bethenny Frankel. I managed to keep my cool even though I was dying/freaking out on the inside. I’ve talked about my serious love for all things Real Housewives here before, but what you may not know is that Bethenny is 100% my favorite. Also, Andy Cohen. Even though he’s not a housewife, I’m convinced we’d be best friends.
Skinnygirl® Cocktails is all about having it all without compromise, which is exactly what we’re all about here at What’s Gaby Cooking!! I couldn’t have asked for a better partner and I’m thrilled to be teaming up with them this year to bring you tons of fabulous cocktails and other ideas that you’ll love! There are some fancy 4th of July shooters in your future and you should be pumped!
Today though, we’re all about this Spiked Pink Lemonade. It’s the perfect cocktail now that it’s officially spring! This is the perfect drink for all your upcoming spring themed events – brunch, girl’s night in, baby showers, bridal showers, you name it – this has your name all over it!
- 3/4 cup strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice(from about 7 medium lemons)
- 1 ½ - 2 cups Skinnygirl® Bare Naked Vodka
- Strawberries, for garnish
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Place the strawberries, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally until the sugar has dissolved. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the strawberries are just starting to fall apart, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Pour the strawberry mixture through a strainer and gently push on the solids to release all of the liquid; discard the solids. Let the syrup cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes more.
- Place the strawberry syrup in a pitcher. Add the cold water and lemon juice and stir to combine. Add Skinnygirl® Bare Naked vodka and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices and additional strawberries
** This post is brought to you by Skinnygirl® Cocktails. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking**
Skinnygirl® Cocktails is a registered trademark of Jim Beam Brands Co. (“Beam”) and is used with permission. The information, comments and ideas expressed on this website do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of Beam, its affiliated companies or any of their directors or employees. Beam does not sponsor, authorize, or otherwise endorse this website.”
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!