You guys know I’m all about a taco dinner right? But it can’t just be tacos, well I guess technically it could – but hello, we need side dishes!! Like loaded potatoes and a BBQ corn salad! Things that take almost no time to whip up but seriously pack a punch when it comes to taste!
I’m all about making your lives easier but not skimping on ANY flavor. None. We need lots of delicious things in our lives at all times, am I right? So when Birds Eye came to be to help debut their new line of Steamfresh® Flavor Full veggies I was 100% game. They have BBQ Sweet Corn you guys. Game over! If you’ve been a WGC reader for a while, you know corn and potatoes are my go-to’s when it comes to side dishes. You can mix and match them any way, serve them with just about anything and it’s bound to be glorious. So I thought for about .23 seconds and figured I’d whip up a dinner near and dear to my heart…
Loaded Potatoes (Sour Cream & Onion Steamfresh® Flavor Full Potatoes + Cheese + Bacon + Green Onions = DONE!)
Aaaaannnddd…. BBQ Corn Salad (recipe below)
The sides take less than 5 minutes of hands on time each – I’m not sure life gets better than that! And the carnitas make enough to double as leftovers for lunch the following day. I’d say it’s a win all around! Before we get to the giveaway – you should probs just freak out for a minute that Birds Eye has Ranch Broccoli, Buffalo Cauliflower and Sour Cream & Onion Potatoes, among other flavors! Those are my current favs – but feel free to check out the others and go to town!
Okay… here goes the giveaway….
A signed Absolutely Avocados Cookbook from yours truly!
A $350 All-Clad TK™ Dutch Oven
So… to enter!! Just leave a comment here letting me know what your favorite topping would be for Loaded Potatoes! Is it guacamole? Bacon? Scallions? Salsa? Sour Cream. Spill it…. I’ll pick a winner and send you your new stuff ASAP!!
Congratulations to Laura who just won the contest!! “I’m having dinner tonight with a friend and we’re going out for Mexican – naturally, I’ve spent all day looking up the menu and trying to decide what I want and this post has now convinced me to get tacos! So, thank you!
I’ve been on a huge Greek kick lately, so my favorite toppings for Loaded Potatoes would be a twist on a gyro and include: gyro/souvlaki meat, tomato, onion, feta & tzatziki!”
Laura has been notified and if they do not claim their prize within 48 hours we’ll pick another! Thanks!
BBQ Corn Salad
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups Steamfresh® Flavor Full BBQ Sweet Corn
- Kosher salt
- 2 ounces feta finely crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper seeded and stemmed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh juice from 1 lime
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over high heat until shimmering.
- Add corn, season to taste with salt, toss once or twice, and heat through. Once warmed, turn the heat off and add the cheese, scallions, cilantro, jalapeño and lime juice and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately.