Just in time for tomorrow’s celebrations – let me introduce you to this Blackberry Grapefruit Margaritas!
When your friend Lauryn (you guys know her over from The Skinny Confidential) tells you to make a margarita with a candy/sprinkled rim, you just go with it! She was the genius behind those super cute halloween pretzels we did a few months back – and she’s the mastermind behind my latest and most favorite cocktail! She’s also one of the most refreshingly honest people I know and I LOVE HER!! Make sure to check out her site while you whip up this cocktail – she’s hysterical!
But back to the marg – it’s the perfect mix of blanco tequila, freshly squeezed grapefruit juice a bit of lime juice, agave nectar, a splash of sparkling water and a few muddled blackberries! And it’s exactly what you should make tomorrow for your sweetie for Valentine’s Day dinner!
Blackberry Grapefruit Margaritas
- 5 ounces blanco tequila
- 5 ounces freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 3 ounces lime juice
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- splash of sparkling water
- 5-10 blackberries muddled
- Sprinkles or sugar or salt to coat the rim
- Run a wedge of lime across the top of 2 cocktail glasses. Once damp, coat the rim in sprinkles or sugar or salt.
- Add all the ingredients except the sparkling water into a cocktail shaker with a few cubes of ice. Shake for 30 seconds until chilled and then strain the margaritas into serving glasses with new ice. Top with a splash of sparkling water in each glass and serve immediately.