We're celebrating National Chocolate Chip Cookie day in style with this epic Cookie Icebox Cake!
I've posted an icebox cake before here on WGC because it's very near and dear to my heart. My best friend Emily used to get one of these every year for her birthday. It was without a doubt one of my most favorite days of the year because 1: she's my bestie and 2: who doesnt love to get a sweet treat as a kid. Her mom still make them for them to this day but finding those chocolate wafer cookies that we used to use is a total pain in the butt these days. I'm not even sure the last time I found them at the regular grocery store - I always have to order them.
But.... enter Tate's which is legit sold pretty much everywhere! It truly takes this icebox cake up to another level and I am OBSESSED. Make it. Do yourself a favor and don't be alone with this super easy to make and easier to eat deliciousness. I speak from experience when I tell you... it doesn't end well.
And if you need a few more summer dessert recipes... I've got ya covered:
- Strawberry Blueberry Shortcakes – the best biscuits in the world with cream and summers best berries!
- Cherry Clafoutis – one of my all time fav desserts!! Add whipped cream for an extra bit of flavor!
- S’more Cheesecake Pops – for those hot summer days by the pool!
- Cheesecake Cookie Bars – hands down my fav bars of all times!
- Mixed Berry Peach Galette – this show stopper will be the talk of your dinner party!
- Blackberry Peach Crisp – my fav crisp topping on a summer dessert with ice cream of course!
- Caramel Drenched Flourless Chocolate Cake – my go-to birthday cake for my summer birthday the last 5 years and counting!
- Blueberry Skillet Cobbler – it’s THE BEST!! And the color from the blueberries is incredible.
- Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream – the easiest of all summer desserts but no less impressive!
Cookie Icebox Cake
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4-6 bags Tate’s Chocolate Chip Cookies (just eat any cookies that might be broken and keep the whole ones for the cake)
- Store bought chocolate sauce
- Chocolate Shavings
- In a large stand mixer, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla on high until soft peaks form.
- On a flat serving plate, spread a thin layer of whipped cream to hold the bottom layer of cookies in place. Arrange 7-7 cookies side by side in a circle, keeping 1 cookie in the center.
- Spread about ⅔ cup whipped cream on top of the bottom cookie layer, making a 7-inch circle. Repeat with remaining cookies and cream, making 5-7 layers of cookies and ending with a layer of cream (there will be a few cookies left over - you should just eat them). Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce, and / or chocolate shavings before serving.