Brace yourselves. The most delicious Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread that is moist, uber chocolate-y and loaded with zucchini.
I’ve been working on this recipe for weeks and I’m so pumped with the end result. Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is like the banana bread of summer. Loaded with tons of cocoa powder and chocolate chips, you won’t even be able to see the zucchini but it’s there. It’s what makes this loaf so moist and delicious! It’s pretty perfect if you ask me.
For all of you who grow zucchini in your garden, or subscribe to a local CSA, I can pretty much guarantee that your zucchini supply is in overdrive come end of summer. I just got off the phone with my moms who had just picked 4 giant zucchini the size of my arm! That doesn’t include the zucchini she picked 3 days ago or the ones from last weekend. I swear they just pop up overnight! So if you’re on zucchini overload you should absolutely make this double chocolate chip zucchini bread!
Zucchini Bread questions… let’s get into it!
- Q: Why is zucchini bread so moist!
- A: the combination of the vegetable oil, almond milk and zucchini make this the most moist zucchini bread you’ll ever have!!
- Q: Can you taste the zucchini?
- A: Nope! Not one bit. It just makes it super duper moist and slightly healthy! The cocoa powder and chocolate chips make it extra chocolate-y so you have a really decadent flavor on top of the shredded zucchini.
- Q: Should you peel the zucchini for this recipe?
- A: No need! Just trim the ends off the zucchini and grate the entire thing,
- Q: Can I make this by hand?
- A: absolutely! No stand mixer required. I just like to do it in the stand mixer because it’s easy, but you can do it in 1 bowl if you prefer and just whisk it all together by hand.
Alright guys – grab a giant zucchini or 2 and get baking. This Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread is NOT to be missed. If you’ve never tried zucchini in your baked goods, prepare to have your life changed! (And FYI… if you have some butterscotch chips, those would be an excellent addition too! #justsaying)
Need more ideas for what to make with all that zucchini – I have you covered:
Quinoa Zucchini Cakes – These quinoa zucchini cakes are fantastic. Loaded with tons of protein from the quinoa, veggies in the form of zucchini and potatoes, and tons of spices and herbs, they’re exceptional. Serve them alongside some tzatziki for dipping.
Zucchini Feta Frittatas – An incredibly easy make ahead breakfast that works for babies, kids and adults. You’ll add this to your Sunday agenda for the rest of time so you have easy breakfasts ready to go during the week.
Zucchini Fritters with Yogurt Feta Dipping Sauce – They are part fritter, part pancake and they are 100% perfection. They make an excellent appetizer or a veggie main course if you want to serve a handful.
Roman Zucchini Pizza – A spin on one of my favorite bites on our last trip to Rome.
Double Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 ¾ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large stand mixer, combine the oil and sugar and combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is evenly combined.
- Add the almond milk and vanilla.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix for a few seconds until the flour is evenly combined. Add the zucchini. Add the chocolate chips and give it all a quick stir.
- Spray 2 loaf pans with non-stick spray and evenly divide the batter in the 2 pans. Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips.
- Transfer the loaf pans to the oven and bake for 60 minutes until a knife can be inserted in the center of the loaf and it comes out clean. Remove the loaves from the oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before removing them from the pans and serving. If they need a little more time, continue baking until the knife comes out clean.