You guys asked for it… more slow cooker recipes! It’s all about these Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos today. Easy to make and even easier to eat, these are the perfect dinner for any night of the week
Remember my go-to Mexican chicken recipe that I’m obsessed with? It’s made an appearance on here multiple times, especially since you can use it in so many different recipes… and today it’s front and center with these tacos.
Tacos are one of my favorite comfort foods, plus who doesn’t want to come home from work and eat tacos and drink margaritas? I’ll tell you… nobody. I challenge you to think of a more perfect thing ever invented than tacos. You can use any kind of protein, or no protein. You can add copious amounts of guacamole and no one will second guess you. You can jazz them up with any kind of salsa you want. Cheese – totally acceptable. I mean, what more could you possibly ask for?
These Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos take almost no time to make and they’ll disappear faster than imaginable!
- 1 recipe Easy Mexican Shredded Chicken
- 8 small tortillas, corn or flour
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
- 1/2 cup corn, sliced off the cob
- 1 avocado, cut into thin slices
- Chopped cilantro
- 1 recipe Chipotle Salsa
- queso fresco (optional)
- Carefully char the tortillas over an open flame for 20-30 seconds to warm and blister. Arrange the tortillas on a clean surface.
- Place a small spoonful of the Easy Mexican Shredded Chicken on top of each tortilla.
- Top each taco with caramelized onions, corn, avocado, cilantro, salsa and queso as desired. Add any additional toppings as needed.
- Serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!