As we continue our love affair with Avocados we’re diving head first into this Avocado Cilantro Hummus plus bringing you a 101 post on how to make the most delicious vegetarian wraps! Ready… bring it!
On my quest to make your life easier, and to easy everyone into the back to school swing, I’ve got an Avocado Cilantro Hummus. It’s one of my favorite appetizers and it’s like guacamole meets hummus. I mean, what more could one person really ask for?
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded
- 4 teaspoons tahini sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Cut the avocados in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin and place the avocado flesh into a food processor bowl.
- Add the garbanzo beans, cilantro, olive oil, jalapeño, tahini, lemon juice and salt to the food processor bowl. Process the ingredients for about 10-15 seconds until the mixture is smooth. Remove lid to taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days, or serve immediately as part of a sandwich or wrap.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!