I’m not ashamed that I am fully ready for the holidays.
I’ve got the Christmas music going. I’ve got my holiday pinterest boards in full motion. I’ve even started the Christmas cookie making process. I’ve got 10 recipes that I plan on making this week. Some new, and some old, but all of them are going to rock my Christmas green and red socks off. It’s exciting.
This is the best time of the year in my opinion. It’s a time to kick back, invite some friends over, have lots of good food and drink fun festive things.
Like this Bavarian Mulled Wine I made for Spice Islands a few weeks back. It’s basically something that I want to make daily just so my house can smell like all the fun spices that go into it! I mean, I wouldn’t mind having a mug of it every night too. Just saying. It’s loaded with cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves and vanilla beans. And I think it should be mandatory at any holiday party this year.
- 1 750ml bottle of red wine (I prefer a cabernet sauvignon)
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds
- 1 star anise
- 10 whole cloves
- ½ Vanilla Bean, split in half
- ½ cup brandy
- Combine all the ingredients into a large pot and place over medium low heat
- Heat the mixture for 60 minutes, making sure not to bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the flavors have melded together for 60 minutes, strain out the spices and reserve the citrus rounds for serving.
- Serve the warmed wine with a round of lemon and a round of orange.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!