You guys. I’ve got a big exciting surprise for ya today! I made you a very special, extra cheesy, tomatillo salsa loaded poutine. I know. It’s decadent.
I know poutine is typically made with gravy and all that jazz, but I live in LA and there are still tomatillos at my farmers market! So I wanted to give this comforting dish a new spin. So I went ahead and fried up some french fries and then melted some cheese on top and topped it all off with a tomatillo avocado salsa sprinkled with chopped red onion and bacon.
I don’t know about you, but this just screams football food to me!
So let’s talk about this blender for a hot second.
Have you guys ever used a Blendtec? It’s kinda a dream come true. It’s super powerful and it made this tomatillo avocado salsa in literally 16 seconds flat. I timed it. And I did NO prep work. Like I didn’t chop up any of the veggies really, and just threw everything into the blender and let it go to work. Brilliance. 16 seconds later I was ready to go!
If I had to go do my wedding registry all over again, this would be at the top of my list! I can’t even being to tell you how fast it makes my smoothies in the morning. Can you imagine how quickly it would make a blended margarita come spring time when it’s time to lay out by the pool. It’s going to be a whole new world 🙂
These are sure to rock your world!! All you need are a few simple ingredients and then the tomatiilo avocado salsa! Grab your favorite kind of potato and fry up some french fries, or if your in a pinch for time, use some of your fav store bought french fries!
And making roasted tomatillos is super easy! Just remove them from their husks, rinse them off, cut them in half and place them into a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes and voila!
- 1 avocado, seed and skin removed
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 6 medium Tomatillos, roasted
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb french fries
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- Combine all the ingredients in the blender and blend for about 20 seconds until smooth. If the salsa is too thick, add a few tablespoons of water and blend. Adjust salt and pepper as needed and reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the fried or baked french fries on a oven proof platter.
- Scatter the cheese on top of the platter and place it into the oven for 5 minutes until the cheese melts. Remove the platter from the oven.
- Scatter the chopped bacon, red onions and salsa over the fries and serve immediately.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!