No matter what the occasion, the answer is always guacamole. And seriously people, what’s a Christmas party without a little guacamole? I mean, I live in LA, so I’ve gotta take advantage of the year round avocados that are available to me!
So let’s just talk about holiday parties here for a second. I’ve been a little swamped recently and I love it! I LOVE being busy. I just find myself way more productive when I have a ton of things to get done. There’s no room for procrastination. Well, unless it involved Pinterest, then it’s kinda like a procrastination and work thing, so it doesn’t count as wasting time. So when it came time to figure out what to bring to a holiday party last week, and I was only allowing myself a few minutes to whip something up, clearly the answer was guacamole. And it can’t just be any kind of guacamole!! It had to be a Christmas Guacamole because it was a Christmas party. And I firmly believe in having themed guacamole’s depending on the event and time of year.
So the Christmas Guacamole was born. It’s awesome. I used some giant Reed Avocados that were super creamy and buttery, threw in some pomegranate seeds and chopped jicama for some crunch, a squeeze or two of lime juice, some salt and pepper and voila! Christmas Guacamole was born.
A Christmas guacamole!
- 1 Reed avocado, or 2-3 Haas Avocado
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped jicama
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the avocado and lime juice in a large bowl. Mash together with a fork until you have a slightly creamy consistency.
- Add in the pomegranate and jicama and stir together with a spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and then dig in!!!
AND LET’S DISCUSS THE AVOCADO GIVEAWAY FOR A HOT SECOND….
I’m giving away a 3 boxes of 9 giant Fuerte Avocados from California Avocado Direct, my favorite go-to place for the best avocados on earth!
Just leave a comment here letting me know you’re favorite thing to do with avocados!!
And for extra entries….
1. Follow California Avocados Direct on Facebook- leave them some love and then leave another comment here letting me know!
2. Follow California Avocados Direct on Twitter- and then leave another comment here letting me know!
Must live in the U.S. to win. The giveaway is open until Friday, December 16th at 12:00 PST. Winners will be chosen randomly and emailed immediately!
This giveaway is being provided by California Avocados Direct, but I think if you know me by now, you know that all opinions are my own and that I’m absolutely obsessed with the avocados from California Avocados Direct!
And if you can’t wait to win and absolutely must have some avocados immediately – you can use the 10% discount code: “HOLIDAY11” upon checkout!