Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Say that ten times fast.
Okay, I guess it’s not that hard. Anyways……
Here’s the thing. Coconut and Chocolate just make sense together. Kind of like spray tans and vegas. Coronas and lime wedges. Margaritas and salt. And chips and guacamole. And lululemon yoga pants and me. Duh. Some things are just meant to be. So we won’t fight it.
Once upon a time, about 4 days ago, my future hubby asked me to whip up a batch of cookies for his last day at his current company, I was like, ummm heck yes. Coconut and Chocolate Chip cookies coming right up. Well, okay so maybe I dragged my feet a little bit because I was right smack in the middle of watching Bethenny’s new talk show, and I literally can’t pull myself away from the TV while it’s on, but eventually I got around to whipping up this latest batch of cookies.
These Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies are jazzy. I don’t know what makes them jazzy. But trust me, they are.
So being the good future wife I plan to be, I sent Thomas off with a giant batch of Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies so he could bring them to his friends at work. Also, I couldn’t have them in the house because I just kept starring at them, and then eating like 2 of them at a time, and then 2 more 5 minutes later, and, well, you see the cycle. They are just that good. And no upcoming bachelorette party or bikini is going to keep me away from a kick ass cookie. I don’t possess that much self control.
But here’s a tip. If you were to keep all of these in your house…and you wanted to make them last… once the cookies have completely cooled off, bag them up in a big zip lock bag and throw them into the freezer. That way, when the mood strikes for a cookie, just pull 1-23 out of the freezer and go to town. I don’t even bother heating them up. I like a nice chilled cookie. Especially in the summer
Time to get baking!
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and shredded coconut. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Scoop out 2-3 tablespoons worth of dough and roll the dough into a ball. Place the cookies onto a parchment lined baking sheet, about 12 per sheet, and bake for 9-10 minutes until the edges are just slightly golden brown and the center is still a bit soft.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies rest for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. Repeat this process for the remaining dough.
Also…. I totally spaced and forgot to announce the winners for the Two Peas in their Pod e-cookbook!!! Clearly I have summer brain issues! So without further ado… here are the winners!
Contact me at email@example.com and I’ll get you the e-cookbook stat!
Abby @ This Abundant Life