Ganache Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies
Well, there aren’t many things in life that are better than a Chocolate Chip Cookie. Except maybe a Chocolate Chip Cookie dipped in Ganache!!!! Obviously, right! So, I of course had to make these immediately. I had an excuse though, you see, it was my 5 year anniversary with my boyfriend the other day. 5 whole years!! Say what? Who would have thought. Me? In a 5 year relationship? I couldn’t even tolerate a 2 week relationship before this one. But here I am, 5 years later, still alive and kicking!
So to celebrate I made 5 of these Ganache Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies. Well, I actually made more than 5, but I only gave 5 to my boyfriend. One for each year – get it And I gave the rest to my neighbors, because I couldn’t have these sitting around in the fridge just starring at me every. single. time. I. opened. the. fridge. It’s too tempting.
They are pretty amazing. And super decadent.
And pretty too!
Okay so he really got 4 and 7/8 cookie because I took a bite of one. I had to make sure they were okay! Just doing my job
|Ganache Dipped Chocolate Chip Cookies|
Recipe Type: Dessert
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 17 mins
- 1 cup unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla, making sure to scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder and mix on low until everything is incorporated.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerate for 2 hours. Scoop out a 1/4 cup size of dough and roll it into a ball. Roll it around in some Chocolate Chips and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place 6 cookies on a sheet since they will spread due to their size. Bake for 12-14 minutes until just slightly golden around the edges. Remove from oven and let rest on the baking sheet. *Note* The might look a little under baked in the middle – but don’t fear!! They will continue to bake a bit once removed from the oven.
- While the cookies are cooling, go ahead and make the ganache.
- In a small pot, bring the cream to a low simmer. Remove from heat and stir in the bittersweet chocolate with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated. Dip half of each cookie into the ganache and set on parchment paper to dry
Tags: bittersweet chocolate, chip cookie, chips, Chocolate, chocolate chip, Chocolate Chip Cookie, Chocolate Chip Cookies, cookie, cookie dough, Cookies, dipping chocolate, dips, Ganache, ultimate chocolate chip cookie