Greek Chicken Salad. I’m seriously changing the game with the chicken in this one. It’s THAT good!
We all know how I feel about eating out of a bowl. I wish all means could be bowl based, so I’m pumped that we’ve got another epic bowl meal here on What’s Gaby Cooking.
I mean this in the most humble way possible, this greek chicken situation is going to rock your world. It’s literally perfection. It’s moist (my least favorite word in the human language but I’m using it because it’s true), tangy, spicy, salty, basically everything you could ever ask for. Then, throw it onto a greek salad with arugula, pickled onions, feta cheese, cucumbers and tomatoes and it’s like a bowl of the most incredible stuff on earth. Add a lemon oregano vinaigrette to boot and it’s game over.
Here’s my quick + easy recipe for pickled onions too! I keep them stocked at all times when I need to add a little kick to something 🙂
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1-2 cups fresh arugula
- Fresh parsley, torn
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halves
- crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- pickled red onions
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ shallot, minced
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh oregano
- In a large zip-top bag, combine the lemon juice, 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika, oregano and red-pepper flakes. Add the chicken, zip the top of the bag and give it a quick shake to combine. Refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
- Pre-heat a cast iron to medium high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill each chicken thigh for 4-5 minutes on each side until done. Remove and set aside to rest.
- Slice the chicken against the grain into thin strips and transfer back into the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes until just slightly crispy around the edges.
- Transfer the chicken to a large bowl and toss to with the salad ingredients and serve with the Lemon Oregano Vinaigrette
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!