With the Superbowl right around the corner – it only makes sense to start practicing new recipes for the big game! I don’t know about you – but the food that is devoured on Superbowl Sunday is way more important to me than the actual game. I am all about the bite sized things, like these Mini Potato Skins stuffed with cheese and guacamole!! (I mean did you really expect anything less from me – what kind of Superbowl is it without guacamole and potato skins!!!) The best part about these little treats, is that they are so easy to eat if you have your eyes glued to the TV. One bite = no mess!
Rather than using the big Russet Potatoes, I opted for the little Yellow Dutch Babies because they are the perfect size for these potato skins. I crisped up a bit of pancetta (you could also use bacon) to put under the cheese – but you can totally leave that off if you are heading the vegetarian route!
- 12 Dutch Yellow Baby Potatoes
- PAM Olive oil spray
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 strips Pancetta, roughly chopped (bacon also works)
- 1 cup of Guacamole (recipe below)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray the whole potatoes with PAM olive oil spray and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove from oven and let cool until they are cool enough to handle. Cut the potatoes in half, lengthwise, and scoop out a little of the flesh, leaving about 1/4 inch remaining.
- Place the cut potatoes back onto the baking sheet, flesh side up. Lightly spray the tops of the potatoes with the PAM olive oil spray.
- In a small skillet over medium high heat, crisp up the pancetta. Once crisp, remove from pan and set on a paper towel to drain some of the excess oil.
- Place some of the pancetta into the potato, cover with a bit of cheese, and place back into the oven for 5-7 minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Top with the guacamole, sprinkle with a few chopped red onions and serve!
- 3 avocados
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/8 cup chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the flesh from the avocado and place into a bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mash together with a fork until chunky. Set aside.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!