It’s no secret that I love waking up with a smoothie and these days, I have a partner in crime who’s 16 months old and ready to devour just about anything! This breakfast spinach smoothie is one of our current favs.
I’ve always been on the smoothie train – but ever since Poppy joined me, it makes it even more fun. The time we spend together every morning picking out fruits and seeds and dumping them into the blender is truly the best! I love watching her watch the blender whirl and then 10 seconds later, devouring the entire smoothie. She’s obsessed.
I like to pack my smoothies full of nutrients, healthy fats, and a little bit of protein. (Side note: I’ve never been one to add protein powder into my smoothies! I think I’m allergic to it and every time I try it, it makes my throat itch. Instead, I add protein in the form of nut butter!) This Breakfast Spinach Smoothie checks all the boxes I mentioned above. It’s loaded with almond butter, fresh spinach, a few pieces of frozen fruit and some milk of your choice. It’s not only delicious, but it will also keep you going until your next meal!
The star of the show here though is the almond butter, which adds a super boost to this smoothie.
Almonds are rich in antioxidants, like vitamin E, and pack in a small serving of plant protein. They’re full of fiber and a great source of healthy fat, both of which will keep you fuller for longer. I swear this smoothie really does help me get out of bed in the morning and gives me the energy I need to get my day going. And because I know mornings can get pretty hectic for a lot of us, this smoothie can be whipped up in under 5 minutes so you can grab a glass and run out the door.
Breakfast Spinach Smoothie
- 1 tablespoons unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1 cup fresh spinach tightly packed
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or another milk of your choice
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds or flax seeds or hemp hearts (or use 1 teaspoon of each)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on medium high speed until fully combined.
- The smoothie should be bright green and the spinach should be completely blended into the mixture. Enjoy immediately.