Holidays tend to bring out the best in recipes. We all want to impress our guests with something special, yet we also don't want to spend hours in the kitchen. This brussel sprout salad is perfect for those occasions! The sweetness of the persimmons pairs perfectly with the bitterness of the brussel sprouts, and it's a dish that both kids and adults will love. Plus, it's easy to make - you can have it ready in under 30 minutes! So why not give it a try this holiday season? Your guests will be impressed!
Ever since I was a little girl, I have loved Brussels sprouts. And now, as an adult, I still love Brussels sprouts, so much that I decided to create this Brussel Sprout Salad. Below you'll find one of my favorite Brussel sprout salad recipe. It's healthy, easy to make, and best of all…tasty! So if you're looking for a new way to enjoy Brussels sprouts, be sure to check out this recipe. Enjoy!
Behold... my latest and greatest big giant salad concoction... a Brussel Sprout Salad with Persimmons!
This Brussel Sprout Salad with Persimmons is truly one of my favorite winter salads to date!
This quick and easy salad is loaded with shaved Brussels Sprouts (yes you can eat them raw!) plenty of pomegranate seeds, sweet candied walnuts, persimmons and honey crisp apples, creamy avocado, feta and a very very easy dressing. I made this for Friendsgiving about a month ago and it was oddly one of the first things to go! Everyone loves the combo of honey crisp apples and persimmons plus the feta! It's pretty damn near perfect and would go great alongside any type of roast chicken, turkey, steak, pork... you get the idea!
More Brussels Sprouts and Persimmon inspired recipes:
- Brussels Sprouts Pizza
- Lemon Garlic Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
- Kale and Shredded Brussel Sprout Salad
- Persimmon Salad
- Deep Dish Brussels Pizza
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels with Pomegranates
- Fall Farmers Market Salad with Persimmons
- Persimmon Caprese
Holiday entertaining is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to start thinking about what dishes we want to serve. This Brussels sprouts salad is a great option for those looking for something different this year. With its sweet and savory flavors, it’s sure to be a hit with your guests. So why not add it to your holiday menu? You won’t regret it!
Brussels Sprouts Salad with Persimmons
For the Salad:
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts sliced thin
- 1 bunch Romaine sliced thin
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons candied walnuts
- 1 avocado diced or sliced
- 1-2 persimmons
- 1-2 honeycrisp apples
- 1 sheet Feta (the kind that comes in the brine) crumbled (about ⅓ cup)
For the Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- Kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine the thinly sliced brussels and romaine and toss together. Add the rest of the ingredients
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and season to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat well.