Behold… my latest and greatest big giant salad concoction… a Brussels Sprouts Salad with Persimmons!
Truly one of my favorite winter salads to date! This quick and easy salad is loaded with shaved Brussels Sprouts (yes you can eat them raw!) plenty of pomegranate seeds, sweet candied walnuts, persimmons and honey crisp apples, creamy avocado, feta and a very very easy dressing. I made this for Friendsgiving about a month ago and it was oddly one of the first things to go! Everyone loves the combo of honey crisp apples and persimmons plus the feta! It’s pretty damn near perfect and would go great alongside any type of roast chicken, turkey, steak, pork… you get the idea!
More Brussels Sprouts and Persimmon inspired recipes:
- Brussels Sprouts Pizza
- Lemon Garlic Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
- Persimmon Salad
- Deep Dish Brussels Pizza
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels with Pomegranates
- Fall Farmers Market Salad with Persimmons
- Persimmon Caprese
Brussels Sprouts Salad with Persimmons
For the Salad:
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts sliced thin
- 1 bunch Romaine sliced thin
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons candied walnuts
- 1 avocado diced or sliced
- 1-2 persimmons
- 1-2 honeycrisp apples
- 1 sheet Feta (the kind that comes in the brine) crumbled (about 1/3 cup)
For the Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- Kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine the thinly sliced brussels and romaine and toss together. Add the rest of the ingredients
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing and season to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat well.