Everyone… hold your horses – if you’ve never made my Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake, it’s about to be the new favorite thing on What’s Gaby Cooking!
Let me preface this by saying… I’m not even sure how we can go up from here. This Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake is just THAT good.
It’s a ground chicken mixture that’s flavored the same way you would season a chicken parmesan. Add to that some perfectly boiled gnocchi (which are like little pillows of heaven) on top and finish it off tons of cheese and herbs because obviously love a burrata moment, and that’s about it. It’s magical to say the least and I am 20000% confident that you’re going to love it.
If you’re a fan of this Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake, here are some more of my fav Chicken Parmesan inspired recipes…
- The OG Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Mushroom Chicken Parmesan Pasta
- Chicken Parmesan Bake with Spaghetti Squash
- Chicken Parmesan Pizza
What you’ll need:
Chicken Parmesan Gnocchi Bake
- 12 ounces plain gnocchi
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 cups store-bought marinara sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- 1 ball fresh burrata
- Sprigs fresh basil or oregano for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook according to the package directions; drain, reserving ¼ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the ground chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the onions are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the gnocchi, reserved cooking liquid, marinara sauce and red pepper flakes to the skillet with the chicken mixture and stir to combine. Add the parmesan and stir.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella. Bake on the top oven rack until hot and bubbling and the cheese turns golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Add the burrata on top. And season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.