Something must be in the air because there are baby showers happening left and right!! 4 of my very best friends are all preggers so today we’re talking about how to put together the perfect Baby Shower Menu.
Baby showers are a chance to gather up your nearest and dearest and celebrate the mama to be before she well, becomes a mom! I’ve cooked for a number of baby showers before back in my private chef days and guess what… it doesn’t have to be complicated!!
There’s a lot that goes into the day and all the games/presents/drinks/pictures etc… but if you’re like me… food is one of the most important! When cooking for a group of 25+, I like to keep things mostly simple. I try not to make myself crazy and I 100% support taking a helping hand from your local bakery when it comes to a few things. Here’s my menu for a baby shower! You can customize it depending on what season you’re in or get jazzy with different toppings and treats!
- Quiches and/or Frittatas – something egg based to give everyone some sustenance.
- Granola Bar – I mean, does it get easier than layering some yogurt, fruit and granola in a cute little jar? I think not! I make my own coconut chocolate granola on the regular and then just layered it with my favorite vanilla yogurt brand, some fruit and a drizzle of agave nectar on top.
- Croissants – let’s be real. Buy them from your fav local bakery! I’ve made them before in pastry school and unless that’s the ONLY thing on your to-do list, no one has time.
- Fresh Fruit – grab some fresh fruit from the farmers market and go to town!
- All Kinds of Avocado Toast – yesssss! mandatory for any gathering in my opinion! Here are 5 fun ways you can jazz up avocado toast and keep things gorgeous for the shower! If you want, you can even mix up the avocado portion of these recipes a day ahead of time and drizzle some lemon juice on top and then press some plastic wrap onto the exposed part before refrigerating it overnight.
- Cookies – make the dough ahead of time and bake it off the morning of the shower or the night before.
- Scones – these make an appearance at almost every shower I cook for! They can be made a day ahead of time which makes the day of waaaay easier!
- Strawberry Basil Lemonade – one of my favorite drinks EVER! I make it every chance I get – and if you’re wanting a boozy option, throw in some gin or vodka for all the non-pregnant ladies at the shower!
- Spa water – another super easy one – just take a few of your favorite kinds of fruit, chop them up and throw it all in a pitcher.
- Mimosa Bar – grab a few bottles of prosecco and then put out some fun juices to mix and match. A few bowls of fresh fruit make it extra cute!
That’s it!! Keep it simple but beautiful and everyone will be well fed and thrilled!