Here’s the deal with this Asian Chicken Slaw…
It’s awesome. Bananas. Epic. So good you’ll want to lick the bottom of the bowl just to make sure that every last bit of goodness has been consumed and none is left to waste. And you can make it vegetarian style or with chicken.
It’s colorful, packed with flavor and it’s pretty much made an appearance this week at least 4 times. I can’t be stopped.
PLUS… totally figure friendly! And considering I leave for Brazil in 4 days and I’m fairly certain everyone there is going to be walking around half naked with the most amazing bronzed bodies ever, that part makes me very happy! And while I most probably won’t be walking around half naked, I’ll be bringing all of my summer clothes and working on my tan! So this Asian Chicken Slaw is kinda my best friend right now!
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 6 green onions, thinly cut on the bias
- fresh basil, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast
- Whisk together the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, peanut butter and garlic until smooth.
- Combine the Napa cabbage, red cabbage, sliced bell peppers. carrot and green onion and toss together. Add in a handful of sliced basil and fresh cilantro along with the shredded chicken.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the vegetables and chicken and toss to combine. Season with extra soy sauce if needed and serve immediately.