Consider this your one stop shop for all of the soup recipes as the temps continue to dip.
I’ve rounded up my all time favorite soups in 1 easy-to-reference place. These are the soup recipes you’ll want to make a big bowl of and curl up on the sofa with it in hand. Some smooth, some chunky, some creamy, some vegan… there’s something for everyone!
If you want to learn how to make potato soup, look no further because I’ve got three potato soup recipes that will blow your mind. The best part is you can easily freeze potato soup for up to 4 months. Follow the recipe, leave out any toppings, and let the base cool entirely before storing in an air-tight freezer-safe container. These are my favorite ones to use.
• Fully Loaded Baked Potato Soup
• Sweet Potato Soup
• Potato Leek Soup
The perfect homemade chicken soup recipes for those cold days when you’re craving something warm and comforting. From classic recipes like chicken tortilla soup (watch how to make it here) to the most amazing chicken posole that’ll put your ordinary chicken noodle soup to shame.
• Chicken Posole
• Chicken Tortilla Soup
• Chicken Chili Verde
The best chili recipe is easy to make at home and great for feeding a crowd. That’s why a chili bar is one of my go-to’s when I need to feed a ton of people, and it comes together with very little effort. Just cook a big batch of chili, serve it with all the toppings like cheese, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, seriously skies the limit, and let everyone get creative assembling their ultimate bowl of chili. Perfect for a family meal or game night!
TIP: A common question that I get asked is how to thicken chili. The key to thickening chili is to let it simmer uncovered for up to an hour. This allows plenty of time for any excess liquid to steam off and for the flavors to develop, leaving you with the best-tasting bowl of chili.
• Smoky Beef and Black Bean Chili Bar
• Smoky Chipotle Chicken Chili
• Chili Con Carne
We can’t forget about the veggies! These vegetable soup recipes are loaded with all of the vegetables under the sun. From this minestrone soup recipe that is everything but boring to the creamiest butternut squash soup, which you’ll want to make a triple batch of and freeze, trust me.
• Not your Grandma’s Minestrone Soup
• Butternut Squash Carrot Soup
• Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
Creamy Comfort Soups
These creamy soup recipes are the ultimate cold-weather comfort food for fall and winter nights when you just want to curl up with a big bowl on the sofa! There are childhood favorites like broccoli cheddar soup served up with some cheese straws and newer recipes like creamy tortellini soup.
• Italian Wedding Soup
• Cheesy Roasted Cauliflower Soup
• Creamy Tortellini Soup
• Broccoli Cheddar Soup
These broth-based soup recipes are so easy to make! First, this loaded chicken pho is the perfect healthy way to warm up, bonus you can make this one in an instant pot. And then there’s this curry coconut noodle soup that is so delicious and bright, 15 minutes or less, and dinner is ready!
• Curry Coconut Noodle Soup
• Matt’s Sopa de Fideo
• Loaded Chicken Pho (Instant Pot + Stove Top)
These are the most popular soup recipes on the site! Tried and true favorites like this vegan curry lentil soup (watch how to make it here) and the best French onion soup that you are sure to love.
• Curry Lentil Soup
• French Onion Soup with Gruyere Toasts
• Black Bean Sweet Potato Chili
Curry Lentil Soup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 1/2 inch piece of ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup lentils
- 1 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 13.5 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- lime wedges for serving
- Heat the oil in a medium dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the lentils and cook for about 1 minute more, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, cilantro, 2½ cups water and season with salt and pepper. Set aside a few tablespoons of the coconut milk and add remaining coconut milk to dutch oven.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to simmer, stirring occasionally, until lentils are soft but not mushy, 20-25 minutes. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- To serve, divide soup among bowls. Drizzle with reserved coconut milk and top with plenty of cilantro. Serve with lots of lime wedges.
Literally had to download and print every one of them! All sound DEElicious!!!
SO HAPPY TO SEE THESE RECIPES!!! I live in new England and soup is my favorite. Tell Persnickety Thomas ( said with love ) that there are so many possibilities of things to serve with soup….salads, pizza, garlic bread, corn bread to make it spectacular! LOL Thank you for all of them!
Can’t wait to try these!!
Perfect time for all these wonderful soups! Look forward to trying a few of them.