Every once in a while you need a little bit of a “treat yourself” kinda day. And I think today is one of those! So let’s kick our legs up and nosh on some Brown Sugar Blondie Brownies!
Big things are going on today! First and foremost… Brown Sugar Blondie Brownies!
Second, I’m pumped to announce that I’ll be teaming up with Truvia over the next few months to find the next Truvia Baking Star. They are on the search for the next big thing and it could be you! Hop on over to their site for all the details on how to enter. And maybe I’ll see you in NYC in 2 months for the finals! ☺
To help kick things off and celebrate the launch of their new Brown Sugar Baking Blend, I created these Brown Sugar Blondie Brownies. Brown Sugar is always preferred when I’m baking, so now there’s a way to enjoy it and not feel quite so guilty.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Truvia brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the butter and transfer into a mixing bowl. Add the brown sugar and whisk to combine. Add the vanilla and egg and continue to whisk until totally incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda and stir to combine.
- Add the butterscotch and chocolate chips and mix together.
- Grease a 8x8 baking dish, and line with parchment paper. Evenly distribute the batter and tap the dish on the counter making sure all the air bubbles are out. Bake for 20-22 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until you stick a knife in and it comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly and serve as needed
This post is brought to you in collaboration with Truvia. All content, ideas, and words are my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that allow me to create new and special content like this for What’s Gaby Cooking.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!