As we continue on the quest for the most epic Thanksgiving menu of all times, I thought I should introduce you to these Roasted Chinese 5 Spice Sweetpotatoes. Game Changers!!!!
I’ll just be totally up front. I can’t get behind the marshmallow/sweetpotato situation. It’s just not for me. Too sweet. Instead, I’m proposing this Chinese 5 Spice Sweetpotatoes medley!! It’s a simple recipe of cubed California sweetpotatoes that are tossed with olive oil, Chinese 5 spice, salt and pepper. Load it up with some freshly chopped chives and green onions before serving and it’s the perfectly balanced bite. It’s absolutely the perfect side dish for Thanksgiving – or if you’re as obsessed as me – you’ll be breaking it out for lunches on the regular!
- 4 California sweetpotatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ tablespoon Chinese five-spice powder
- ½ freshly cracked black pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped green onions or chives
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet, toss together the cubed California sweetpotatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and Chinese 5 Spice. Once coated, evenly distribute the sweetpotatoes on the baking sheet.
- Transfer the potatoes into the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes until they are fork tender. Add some freshly chopped chives or green onions on top and serve as needed.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!