TGIF! Let’s celebrate this doozy of a week with Bacon Brussels Leek Pizza!
Omg, whoa. This week was bananas. I’m looking forward to a relaxing weekend AND maybe, just maybe, I’ll put my computer down for a hot second and relax! (easier said than done!) One thing is for sure this weekend, and that’s this Bacon Brussels Leek Pizza! It’s from the mastermind behind all the food styling on my site Adam Pearson. I’ve told you guys about Adam before, but he just gets me. And every single time I go over for dinner, I’m seriously blown away. A few weeks back he made Bacon Brussels Leek Pizza and I proceeded to eat the entire thing. Never mind the 5 other people at the dinner party, I went to TOWN! It’s the perfect combination of flavors and I guarantee it will be your new favorite!! PINKIE PROMISE!
- 2 leeks, cleaned, tough greens removed and cut into thin half circles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough
- 1-2 cups smoked gruyere, shredded
- 1 large ball fresh mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 4 strips cooked bacon
- 1 cup brussels, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- Pinch chili flakes
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan
- Bring a medium sauté to medium high heat with the olive oil. Add the sliced leeks and sauté for 6-8 minutes until soft. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees. Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Divide the pizza dough into 2 even pieces. Stretch each piece of dough in a circular motion, then lay them both out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel.
- Once your 2 pizza doughs are flat and ready to be heated, use a spoon to spread the roasted garlic paste all around the dough leaving a little bit for the crust.
- Top each pizza with half of the shredded cheese, fresh mozzarella, sautéed leeks and sliced brussels sprouts. Transfer the pizzas into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is perfect.
- Remove pizza from the oven and top with the cooked bacon. Season with salt and pepper and additional red pepper flakes if needed slice and serve.
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim the top of the head of garlic to expose the tops of the garlic cloves. Place the head of garlic on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Wrap the head of garlic up in the foil and transfer to the oven to roast for 40 minutes.
- Once soft, remove the head of garlic from the oven and carefully pop out the individual garlic cloves into a bowl. Add the remaining olive oil, red pepper flakes and the parmesan cheese. Mash the mixture together with a fork and use as needed for the pizza.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!