This is a safe place right? Somewhere where I can admit that I’m a total salsa snob? I really can’t be blamed for this though. Growing up in Tucson basically made me this way. Salsa was everywhere and I sampled just about everything Arizona had to offer. I’ve kept my salsa snobbery duty going since living in California. And I don’t intend to give it up anytime soon.
Which is why you all need this Homemade Chipotle Salsa recipe in your life immediately.
I’m not a fan of salsa that has no spice. I need it to pack a bit of a punch. Also, fire roasted tomatoes… yes! That really cranks it up a few notches. Cilantro is a must. Garlic and onions, obviously. And chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. It’s the icing on the cake.
This Homemade Chipotle Salsa goes on just about everything I made. From grilled fish, chicken, steaks, breakfast burritos and of course nachos!! This recipe makes me particularly happy for many reasons, but one giant one being there’s really no knife work involved. No chopping up tomatoes perfectly… none of that here. Instead it all goes into a blender and then you’re ready to eat! And obsessed. And cry because it’s the best salsa you’ll ever have in your entire life!
- 1 can (14 oz) Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño, chopped
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, plus 1 tsp of the adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Combine all ingredients in the food processor or high powered blender and pulse until everything is evenly blended.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Add more chipotle peppers if you like it extra spice.
- Remove from food processor or blender and refrigerate.