The big day is less than 2 weeks away and we’re all almost prepared with an arsenal of recipes that will get rave reviews from everyone! So, let’s pull everything together for the most epic Thanksgiving Menu and then talk prep and making things ahead of time!
Soups + Sides:
I mean, is that not the most glorious Thanksgiving menus you’ve ever seen!! Gobble Gobble!
In terms of prepping ahead – here’s what my schedule looks like for the menu listed above! We’ll start eating around 4 so everything is timed out for me below…
- Clean out the fridge
- Stock up on beer and wine
- Make a grocery list
- Shop for all the ingredients
- If you buy a frozen turkey – make sure to put it in the fridge to start thawing out
- Reorganize fridge with all the ingredients
- Make the cranberry sauce and refrigerate until Thursday
- Make the vinaigrette for the Fall Harvest Salad
- Prep carrots for the Charred Carrots with Herbs, wash, trim and clean and refridgerate.
- Make the basil mint topping for the Charred Carrots with Herbs / refrigerate until Thursday
- Cut the bread into cubes for the Wild Mushroom Stuffing – let sit on the counter overnight to harden.
- Make the herb mixture for the Wild Mushroom Stuffing / refrigerate until tomorrow
- Prep ingredients for the Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- Prep ingredients for the Spicy Garlic Green Beans
- Make the Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes but don’t add the chives until tomorrow.
- Make the Triple Layer Pumpkin Cake from start to finish. Keep a cake dome over the cake until serving.
- Make the S’more Pudding Pie and the marshmallow meringue. Don’t top the pie with the meringue yet, instead keep it in the fridge until Thursday. Cover the pie with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge also.
- Make the Chipotle Mashed Sweetpotatoes from start to finish.
- Prep the Brie Stuffed Mushrooms
- Crisp off the pancetta for the Peas and Pancetta
- Set the table
- Prep the Herb Roasted Turkey and start roasting
- Arrange all the ingredients on a large platter for the Fall Harvest Salad except the apples- cover with a damp paper towel and refrigerate. Remove from the fridge and add apples and drizzle the vinaigrette on before serving. Alternatively, make the Roasted Butternut Squash Salad and keep refridgerated before serving.
- Top the S’more Pudding Pie with the topping and torch. Set aside until dessert
- Make the Apple Crisp but hold off on baking.
Before the Feast
- Bake the Brie Stuffed Mushrooms so they are ready to go as guests arrive
- Finish making the Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
- Finish making the Spicy Garlic Green Beans
- Finish making the Charred Carrots with Herbs and top with the basil mint mixture
- Combine the prepped bread and herb mixture for the Wild Mushroom Stuffing and finish following the recipe instructions.
- Reheat the Mascarpone Mashed Potatoes in a 350 degree oven until warm. Add the chives before serving.
- Make the Thyme and Garlic Baked Camembert (as the guests arrive)
- Make the Peas and Pancetta.
- Carve the Herb Roasted Turkey and place on a platter (20 minutes before dinner)
- Make the Homemade Gravy
- Reheat the Chipotle Mashed Sweetpotatoes in a pot over low heat until warmed through.
- KICK BACK AND RELAX!
- Bake the Apple Crisp as you’re sitting down to dinner.
Have any last minute questions?? Shout them out in the comments below and I’ll respond ASAP!
Printable menu coming you way in a few days!!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!