Summertime in my book means Strawberry Jalapeño Margaritas.
It’s pretty much a rule when the weather hits 75+ degrees. I’m bringing back one of my favorite recipes because it deserves to be front and center this weekend! We served a version of these at our wedding (I can’t believe that was almost 2 years ago) and they were a huge hit!! They are equal parts sweet with the berries and spicy from the peppers. It’s a match made in summertime heaven!
Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita
- 12 strawberries green tops removed
- 1 thinly sliced ring of jalapeno pepper about 1/2 inch thick
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 4 ounces silver/blanco tequila
- Combine the strawberries and jalapeño pepper in a small blender and blend until smooth. Pour the contents of the blender in a shaker.
- Add the lime juice, agave nectar and tequila and a handful of ice. Secure the lid on the shaker and shake for 30-60 seconds to mix and chill the margarita.
- Strain the juice out and serve over ice.