Today we are throwing a baby shower!!!! Omg I am so excited. Not only because I love babies, but because I love the future mom to be, Lisa Thiele from With Style and Grace. She’s a total doll and I couldn’t be more excited for her and her hubby to welcome their little baby boy into their lives in a few days!
Lisa is probably one of the sweetest people out there! We only met a few months ago but I already feel like I’ve known her most of my life! We hit it off right away and by the end of our weekend together I knew that we would be friends forever!
So in honor of Lisa getting ready to push out her little bambino, I made Chocolate Dipped Meringues. It’s basically the right thing to do. And I’m a firm believer in bringing sweets to a party, so I’m bringing these 🙂
Meringues are super easy to make. They only require a few ingredients and then you bake them low and slow until they are perfect. You could stop there if you wanted to, but I like to keep things jazzy and dip them in chocolate. It makes sense right? And then they look kinda like those delectable Black and White Cookies that you see all over New York City, but instead they are Black and White Meringues.
I can’t wait to scoot up to Portland in a few months to meet the little guy in person!
- 3 egg whites, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with a sil-pat or parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large stand mixer with a whisk attachment, start to whisk together the egg whites. Slowly stream in the sugar followed by the vanilla, cream of tartar and salt. Whisk until soft peaks for and then stop.
- Transfer the mixture into a piping bag and pipe bite sized cookies on the baking sheet, about 1 inch in diameter each.
- Transfer the baking sheets to the oven and bake for 2 hours until the cookies are pale in color but crisp. They should easily come off of the sil-pat or parchment paper. Let the cookies cool.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate chips over a double boiler on the stove over low heat. Once the chips are fully melted, carefully dip each meringue into the chocolate to cover half of the cookie. Transfer the cookie back onto the sil-pat or parchment lined baking sheet and let the chocolate set. The chocolate will set even faster if you transfer the chocolate cookie dipped baking sheets into the refrigerator.
- Once the chocolate has set, serve immediately.
Be sure to check out what everyone else is bringing to Lisa’s Baby Shower!! I wish this party was happening in real life because everything looks fab. Especially those Butternut Squash Bacon Scones from Heather and then Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from Jenna. I’m drooling just thinking about those things!
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!