Salmon is one of my all time favorite things to make for dinner. Those people who knew me pre-culinary school, will think that I’ve lost my mind because I didn’t eat any seafood until about 3 years ago. But now I’m full on obsessed and love it! Salmon is one of my go-to fish choices. It can be awesome on it’s own but it really gets jazzy when you spice things up with different herbs and such. My favorite is a pan-seared salmon with basil pesto on top. Drool. The flavors are perfection together and it’s 100% comforting while still being pretty healthy. And it only takes about 10 minutes to whip up this dinner – can you say easy? I love it. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner when you’re craving something healthy, bright and fresh but don’t have lots of time.
And, I’m so excited to share this awesome giveaway from Anderson Seafood! One lucky What’s Gaby Cooking winner will receive a $300 Anderson Seafood credit to purchase all the fish you want on their website. And I’d personally recommend the salmon…. it was great! And some crab. I love me some crab
Here’s a little information about Anderson Seafood:
Anderson Seafoods was established in 1979, with the goal of providing premium seafood products and superior service to our valued customers in the most sustainable and innovative ways. Starting from a small family venture in Orange, California. Anderson Seafoods has evolved into a full-scale, state-of-the-art operation and is recognized as a leading authority in the seafood industry.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil + 3 tbsp
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 - 6 oz salmon filets
- Combine the basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup olive oil, pine nuts, garlic and red pepper flakes in a food processor and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Remove from food processor and set aside.
- Salt and pepper the salmon filets and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add the remaining olive oil to a skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the two salmon filets and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until done. Carefully remove from the skillet and serve with 1-2 tbsp of the homemade basil pesto.
Here’s How To Enter:
1. Leave a comment here and tell us… What is your absolute fav seafood dish, is it something with salmon, perhaps some grilled shrimp, or a bouillabase – let us know!
3. For an additional entry, sign up for Anderson Seafood’s newsletter HERE (bottom right side of website) Leave a separate comment for this.
4. Contest ends this Friday August 12th 8pm PST. Winner will be chosen by Random.org and be notified by email. Giveaway provided by Anderson Seafood.