Summertime in my book means Strawberry Jalapeño Margaritas.
It’s pretty much a rule when the weather hits 75+ degrees. I’m bringing back one of my favorite recipes because it deserves to be front and center this weekend! We served a version of these at our wedding (I can’t believe that was almost 2 years ago) and they were a huge hit!! They are equal parts sweet with the berries and spicy from the peppers. It’s a match made in summertime heaven!
- 12 strawberries, green tops removed
- 1 thinly sliced ring of jalapeno pepper (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 4 ounces silver/blanco tequila
- Combine the strawberries and jalapeño pepper in a small blender and blend until smooth. Pour the contents of the blender in a shaker.
- Add the lime juice, agave nectar and tequila and a handful of ice. Secure the lid on the shaker and shake for 30-60 seconds to mix and chill the margarita.
- Strain the juice out and serve over ice.
Instead of lining these margaritas with a salt rim, try combining equal parts salt and sugar for a sweet and salty rim! It's the best!
Before we all break for the weekend, I wanted to mention that this marg recipe is one of many recipes that are a part of the #SoLetsPigOutPotluck. It’s about 30+ summer inspired recipes that you can use to make an epic potluck.
// Predominantly Paleo – Caramelized Onion Buffalo Meatballs // Naturally Ella – Grilled Peach and Halloumi Skewers // Lexi’s Clean Kitchen – Thai Chicken Slaw // Earthy Feast – Chicken Fried Tofu Sliders with Spicy Peach Slaw
SALADS & SIDES
// Loves Food Loves To Eat – Smoked Salmon Dip // I Am A Food Blog – Banh Mi Fries // TastyYummies – Roasted Grape and Rosemary Goat Cheese Tarts // Beard & Bonnet – Grilled Watermelon and Halloumi Salad // Gluten Is My Bitch – Mexican Corn Off The Cob //
Rubies & Radishes – Coconut-Lime Fruit Salad // Fix Feast Flair – Mini Matcha Butter Mochi with Adzuki Bean // Live Simply – Peach & Rosemary Crisp // Dunk & Crumble – Marionberry Pie // A Little Saffron – Peach and Plum Crisp // Wit & Vinegar – Raspberry Fluff // The Sugar Hit – Toblerone Ice Cream Cake // Will Frolic For Food – S’meaches // So Let’s Hangout – Stone Fruit Crumble with Coconut Cream //
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!