I’m alive. Back from Vegas. A little beat up but I’m back and I had the best time with my friends! I seriously couldn’t have asked for a better weekend.
But you know what they say. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. Unless of course you’re friends with me on Facebook – then there might be a few pieces of evidence laying around.
I’ll tell you this though. Remember that white dress I was obsessed with last week? Well, here it is!! Red shoes and all!
We had a blast to say the least. There may or may not have been a trip to Thunder from Down Under and a few fun nights with endless girlie cocktails and lots of champagne!
Now let’s get down to business. Fourth of July is tomorrow. It’s gonna be a big deal. Bring on the BBQ’s, the beach, the cocktails, the sunshine and the paaarty! For years I’ve been making one of those giant chocolate sheet cakes with a cream cheese frosting and blue and red fruit on top, and it’s always a hit! But this year, I’ve decided to mix things up a bit. So it’s all about Chocolate and Marshmallow Stuffed BBQ Bananas.
How many of you guys are planning on spending the day, or at least part of the day, by the grill with some burgers, sausages, veggies etc? I know, I am! So how easy would it be if you could just grill dessert too? I know. Pretty clever right?!?
So how about these marshmallow and chocolate stuffed BBQ bananas.
It’s quick. Easy. Painless and your friends and family will freak out. For realz.
Cut a deep slit into the banana. Not deep enough to puncture the skin on the other side though!
Gently use your thumb to open up the banana
And then stuff it with chocolate chips!!!
Then throw in a few marshmallows for good measure.
And then top it off with some more chocolate!
Construct a little tin foil style boat and place the banana it in. This will make the banana stand up straight while its on the grill. Because let’s be real here people, if the banana fell over, and the chocolate fell out, we would have a serious problema!
Throw the banana onto the grill and place the lid on the grill for 4-5 minutes until the banana skin is black and the chocolate is melted.
And then eat up!!! Throw on a scoop of ice cream if you’re feeling extra decadent too!
Happy Fourth of July (tomorrow!!!) Eat up, have a cocktail or two, and enjoy yourself!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tin foil boat
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Slice one banana so there is a deep slit in the top of the banana. Be careful not to cut all the way through the banana.
- Using your thumb, or a spoon, separate the fruit of the banana and then stuff it with chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Construct a tin foil boat that is just big enough to hold the banana upright.
- Place the banana into the tin foil boat and place it onto the grill. Cover your grill and let the banana grill for 4-5 minutes until the skin of the banana is dark and the chocolate is melted and the marshmallows are puffed.
- Remove the banana in the tin foil boat from the grill with a pair of tongs. Let the banana rest for 1-2 minutes and then serve.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!