I’m all about taking a shortcut in the kitchen every now and then – and that is exactly what this Basil Vinaigrette allows me to do!
It’s my go-to dressing for all of my favorite summer meals and you’ll be seeing it make an appearance in a few recipes over the next several weeks. I whip up a batch every few days and keep it on hand for anytime I’m in a pinch and need to eat something STAT. Because, like I’ve said before, no one wants to see me when I’m Hangry. It’s not a pretty picture. But this basil vinaigrette does have a pretty picture! So let’s all just get excited for the recipes that are in the pipeline!
Update – we’ve all been obsessed with this since I first posted it back in 2014! Since then, here’a full list of all the recipes I’ve featured it on over the years:
- Bruschetta Bar
- Heirloom Tomato Tart
- Tomato Basil Pasta with Burrata
- Grilled Romaine Salad
- Basil Parmesan Grilled Corn
- Loaded Power Salad
- Melon Caprese Skewers
- Goat Cheese and Roasted Beet Salad
- Burrata Tomato Salad
- Polenta Bar
- Grilled Salmon Skewers
- Double Decker Italian Turkey Burger
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- BLT Bar
- Green Monster Salad
- Charred Tomato Pesto Pizza
- Spring Pea Pizza
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves, stems removed (about 4 ounces)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients for the basil vinaigrette in a high powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately. Or you can refrigerate the vinaigrette for up to 3 days.
Photo Credit: Matt Armendariz
Food Styling Credit: Adam Pearson
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out. Make sure to share it on instagram and tag me @whatsgabycookin so I can see your masterpiece!