It was a tough job but someone had to do it – the best cookie recipes I’ve ever had the pleasure of making, eating and gifting. Plus, adding in a few of my favorite places to order cookies from for when you need to send that quick fix of love to someone not within driving distance.
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE:
This is hands down one of my favorite cookie recipes. These chocolate chip cookies are perfectly baked, gooey on the inside, and slightly crispy on the outside, the best part is that this particular recipe falls under the “easy chocolate chip cookie recipes” category, like so easy that even Thomas can make them 🙂 . Look no further this is the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE:
OATMEAL COOKIE RECIPES:
One of my favorite parts of going home is that my dad always makes me his famous Kitchen Sink Cookies. They are undoubtedly one of the best cookie recipes out there. What started as basic oatmeal chocolate chip cookies have turned into something way more delicious. Nowadays they are stuffed with chocolate chips, M&M’s, dried cranberries and dried apricots. Totally genius.
Think about it, Breakfast Cookies are everything you’d put into a Muesli bowl plus a few extra add ins – which basically means that breakfast cookies need to be a regular occurrence in all of our homes! Plus you can make them ahead of time so breakfast is ready the second you’re hungry! Pour yourself some coffee and done.
These Molasses Cookies come from my mom – who I think got the recipe from my her mom and she probably got it from her mom. Who knows. Either way – these Molasses Cookies are perfection. The dough comes together quickly, chills in the fridge to harden it up, and then rolled into balls and coated in sugar before baking. The result is a perfectly soft and chewy molasses cookie that you’ll totally love!
COOKIE CAKE + COOKIE SKILLETS:
This best cookies recipes roundup would not be complete if I didn’t introduce you to one of my favorite cookie recipes out there, a S’more Pizookie. It’s very simple – cookie dough, a skillet, and some ice cream. Then we’re adding graham cracker crumbs and mini marshmallows to the mix, obviously. The result is gooey cookie perfection!
CHRISTMAS COOKIE RECIPES:
My grandmother’s famous Christmas Linzer Cookies with Raspberry Preserves are the PERFECT Christmas Cookie / Secret Santa treat or hostess gift this time of year! It’s two butter cookies sandwiched with copious amounts of Raspberry Preserves and a generous dusting of powdered sugar on top.
Most truffle recipes require tempering chocolate and it takes a while… these are made with oreos, cream cheese and chocolate and come together VERY quickly. Peppermint Oreo Cookie Truffles are the perfect treat to make for any holiday parties or last minute office pot lucks! Plus they are the easiest things to make on earth.
The recipe couldn’t be easier, you can make these Gooey Chocolate Crinkle Cookies right this second and then snack on them for the next few days. These are one of my favorite cookie recipes! The inside is gooey and soft, the outside is just slightly crispy and coated with a layer of powered sugar that will leave you dusted with happiness.
BEST PLACES TO ORDER COOKIES FOR DELIVERY:
- The Very Best Cookie – If you’re looking for an incredible gift to send to a friend, look no further. The Very Best Cookie ships nationwide, and be sure to add a browned butter toasted marshmallow rice krispie treat to your cookie order – you won’t regret it.
- The Last Crumb – They release their cookie boxes in limited drops, and they go fast! The best way to snag one is by signing up for their list. Trust me, it’s worth it.
- Southern Sugar Bakery – This women-owned bakery based in Raleigh, NC ships their Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies, Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, Old Fashioned Butter Cookies, and even seasonal White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookies nationwide. Their gourmet Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix also makes a great gift.
- Tiny’s Milk & Cookies – While they’ve paused shipping their frozen cookie dough for the time being if you’re in Austin or Houston, you should definitely pick up some freshly baked chocolate chip cookies in-store.
- Le Gourmand – While I wish they shipped their chocolate chip cookies, I had to mention Le Gourmand for all of my friends in Toronto. I had one of their warm gooey chocolatey cookies the last time I was there, and it changed my life. This is hands down my favorite chocolate chip cookie I’ve tried.
- Gusto – These are the best chocolate chip cookies in Long Beach! They don’t ship nationwide, but they have local delivery if you’re in the area.
- Sweetboy Bakery – Holy moly if you’re in LA you must order these.
As you can see, there are many different types of cookies in my master cookie list. We have all the flavors covered, so you really can’t go wrong. Whether you’re a fan of chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, or oatmeal cookies (or all three!), we’ve got the perfect recipe for you. And if baking isn’t your thing, no worries – we’ve also compiled a list of some of our favorite places to order delicious cookies for delivery. So what are you waiting for? Start baking (or ordering) today!
What you’ll need:
Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8 ½ ounces cake flour
- 8 ½ ounces bread flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- 10 ounces unsalted butter softened
- 12 ounces dark brown sugar
- 6 ounces white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- maldon salt for sprinkling
- Combine the cake flour, bread flour, baking soda, baking powder and coarse salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large mixer add the butter and sugars and mix for 5 minutes until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl in between. Add the vanilla and combine.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time and mix until just combined. Add the chocolate discs and fold them into the batter. Cover the dough and refrigerate for up to 72 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop 1/4 cup sized cookie dough balls onto a parchment lined baking sheet, 6 cookies per sheet and sprinkle the tops with maldon sea salt. Bake the cookies for 16-20 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. If the cookies are a little puffy, bang the pan on the counter to release any excess air pockets. Or use a spatula to flatten the cookies to make more dense.