Happy hump day!
It’s weird that it’s already Wednesday right? I mean it’s a good weird, but it’s weird nonetheless. I feel like coming off of a three day weekend is hard. It’s hard to get back into the swing of things and you just want to lounge around and sip on blood orange mimosas all day right? But we can’t do that. We’ve gotta work. And I’ve gotta cook!
Today we’re talking pizza. Pizza is one of my favorite weeknight meals. I mean you can make your own dough if you want… but I am partial to buying my dough from this awesome little Italian deli/store a few blocks from my house. It’s magic. The dough comes frozen, same as if you get it at Whole Foods or something… so I just pop it into the fridge the night before we are going to make pizza and then it’s ready to go! Then, about an hour or so before I’m ready to start pizza-making, I take the dough out of the fridge, throw it onto the counter and let it come to room temperature.
The other awesome thing about pizza, you can totally load it up with things in your fridge that you need to use up. Like for me, I decided to load on tons of veggies like the leaves of some leftover Brussels, cherry tomatoes, red onions, artichoke hearts, some freshly made pesto and some sharp cheddar cheese. And then I threw on some Prosciutto because who doesn’t love a little salty bite on their pizza?
And there you have it! A quick and comforting dinner that will double as really awesome leftovers for lunch the next day.
Loaded Veggie and Prosciutto Pizza
- 1 package store bought crust
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 10 Brussels Sprouts leaves removed
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 jar artichoke hearts drained and halved
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet, roll out the prepared pizza dough and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- If the dough has shrunk since rolling it out and resting, roll it back out to cover the baking sheet.
- Slather on the pesto sauce, cheddar cheese, brussels sprouts leaves, tomatoes, red onion and artichoke hearts.
- Place the pizza into the oven for 10-12 minutes until the cheese begins to bubble and the crust is fully cooked. Remove from oven and layer on the prosciutto.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.